The Annual Event

If I ask you "is there any event in your life that happens every year during a specific duration?" then the obvious answers would be birthdays, anniversaries etc. If I ask to think of something apart from the usual answers, then you might mention annual gathering of old friends, visiting a particular place, the appraisal meetings (despite the recession), policy premium payments, etc.

If I'm asked the same question, I would say:

"I have accident every year... on road... on a two wheeler... injure one of my knees.... alternately... during Jan-Feb duration"

This is fourth year in a row, when I fell on the road, without any apparent reason, during regular kind of commute between office & home.

It was a usual (dreaded) Monday morning, & I was on my way to office on wifey's scooty pep plus (note the stress on plus- this means it was not an ordinary scooty or ordinary scooty pep, it was scooty pep plus). As I was about to turn for office building on my left hand side, I noticed Indori avatar of John Abraham from Dhoom coming fast on a bike in my scooty pep plus' left-hand-side-rear-view-mirror (yes; I use rear view mirrors on scooty as well, both side...err I meant scooty pep plus). Though I had already switched on the indicators; I decided to be extra cautious by signaling him with my left hand; and it was then when the unthinkable happened - as soon as I lifted my left hand from the handle, a small road-dent that used to lie quietly on middle of the road, came hurtling towards me. It was all over the road & almost impossible to be avoided; and before I could notice anything else, me & my scooty pep plus, both were lying on road in such a mingled state that most of my body ( heavy body ) was on scooty pep plus, and scooty pep plus was in turn on my right leg.

While I was trying to muster my fallen dignity & body, I heard John's avatar passing by & saying "अबे साइड हो clear the road"; I was about to shout back "चल हट" when I saw that the traffic signal some 200 meters distance has turned green. So, I hastened the process of picking my shattered dignity & body & the scooty pep plus (I've never heard of a guy who falls on a scooty pep plus) & entered office premises.

Thankfully my body suffered lesser injuries (just a bruised knee & aching ankle) than my dignity (shattered), and surprisingly scooty pep plus suffered even lesser injuries than my body (only one of the rear-view-mirrors now looking in front instead of back). I'm sure that it was the plus effect that saved me & the Scooty. I will always remember that Plus is important!
Anyway I'm glad that this happened because now this year's accident quota is full, hence Aaaal ij Welllllll :)

4 comments:

Abhishek Mitra said...

Thank God. You are not a pilot ;)

Anand Mohan Shrivastava said...

Yeah, I really thank God... Had I been a pilot, this recurring event would have ended on its first occurrence :D

Khalifa Sabir said...

lolzzzzz, Amazing and hilarious description again with absolute simplicity (simplicity is a complex art to master!!!), this is something that has now become your trademark :) Thank God, Aapko jyada injuri nahi hui aur Scooty Pep (oops Plus) ko bhi :D. Abhishek bhai well said, I am also happy ki Anand bhai pilot nahi hain, warna har sal ka quota poora karne ke chakkar mein na jane kya hota =))

Unknown said...

Hope ki aapko jyada chot nahi lagi...aur hope ki bhabhi ne aapko daat na lagai ho unki pyari scootey pep plus ko girane ke liye :-D

AMS Google Ad